Feb 26. Joint blog. Surprisingly glad with the images flooding into me tonight
At the beginning of this four hour climb up onethousand five hundred calorie climb surprisingly glad and some new images here.
1. Continuing at the idea of the last several Journeys that the primary power is 120 degrees down into the road, New Image today feels very promising, lifting of the weight of a up traveling leg is best done such that the weight of that leg is aiding the hundred and twenty degree downward thrust. This is a matter of coordination and timing. I think so.
Two. The recently forgotten lesson that the purpose of peddling is to inject energy into the travel, not to turn the crank, not to move the vehicle at a certain speed, is in mind today and feeling very sustainable and promising.
Three. It is in mind today, unlike recent Journeys, that the energy transfer needs to more or less take care of itself so that the soul and mind are free for study. This too is feeling very promising.
Four. Have begun study of the Karen Armstrong book, Paul, a figure that never has had my positive regard although some of his verse is among my favorite, but she may well be changing my mind, and I'm glad of that. Although annotation of the Brock Porter book, saving Paradise, is the priority for time with written text, a perspective of Paul through Armstrong was deemed desirable while evaluating how little Porter and Brock are concerned with the man Jesus, and preoccupied with so-called Christianity. This is not a slam on Parker and Brock.
Five. Such truly truly truly important, difficult, painful reminders of the agonized souls in this culture. Referring I am to the several drivers so far that entirely to attempt, failing, to self medicate their writhing Dead souls Laid their horns continuously as they slowly attempted to terrorize this vehicle way on the side of the road in no way hinduring their travel. To my dis credit, this is not pleasant for me, but it is the slow important instruction that ultimately these are the needy souls if in some way a glimmer of life can return to them.
Six. Wow, at the horse Paddock, it's just been a really nice ride, all of the above concerning itself nicely. The purpose of peddling is to inject energy forward with the knee along 125 degree shaft, moving slightly up or down depending upon the Cadence and force of thrust. The purpose of the up thrust is to move energy toward that down thrusting leg. Thrust is a difficult word, problematic, because this is done in a fluid motion at the speed of travel so as not to fight innertia. However sometimes it is done at the comfort of the vehicle and sometimes it is done to push the vehicle a bit hard which with practice is a doable thing though maybe not sustainable.
7. My Euphoria with Armstrong Paul has already worn off a bit. Like everyone he is doing his best but he has much Jewish Pharisee mystical garbage. It's amazing how people can confuse secondary science with primary. The Buddhist notion.
8. Regarding cycling, nothing more promising is remembered by me, ever. The imagery of constantly rolling power expressions straight into 140 degrees shaft, hole, with the other thigh and knee cycling in slightly positive support that is providing a rotational force and weight that is slightly helpful to that downward knee which is ending in a relaxed full extension each stroke. And much of the time this can have a slight horsforce beyond what the inertia of the vehicle wants at any point in time, but that does not mean forcing the vehicle. Acknowledgement of the inertia of the vehicle is now ever present but acknowledging does not mean pushing beyond is unacceptable. It is. Acceptable.
9. If pursuit of the wormhole is a reasonable pursuit for the serious physicist, then the same is true, pursuit of being that is a transformational soul, is a moral necessity for the individual serious about human health. A moral necessity. Unless and until this can be ruled out scientifically as a possibility. If there have been individuals throughout history, and that's a big if, that have been in such a way that they have substantially moved another toward human health, rule of the soul, lymbic system, over the tyranny of head and flesh in charge, if there have been individuals exiting in that direction, then whatever they knew must be perfected and taken forward. This above all is the call I hear from my clients, the one in a million lymbic systems not yet totally murdered by today's culture or hundreds of years in the future. The butterfly larvae, that says no, I am NOT supposed to want to be a larva for all of my days. Help me understand and become what I was supposed to be.
10. The cycling log 2 days ago mentioned how maybe, there will never be a set of mental imagery that will prove helpful and sustainable for more than hours a day a week or a month. But maybe there will be. And more to the point. The extremely helpful imagery of today, not unlike use the Force Luke, to get that missile of energy down the shaft, it's clear to me this is conscious competence to times of the past several years where powerful mastry sustainability elegance and automaticness have been at play. That is, those efforts were not a waist, Pryor recent days were not a waist, nor these recent logs. In some way they are coming to fruition.
11. As mentioned in recent logs, keeping the middle and lower torso quietly firmly seated in this lower recumbent seat is a necessary platform for this forward rolling force down the 140 degree shaft. The body wants to, help, by nudging and jerking and other clever tricks. They don't help. This forward rolling to full thigh extension needs a reliable dependable consistent Nano second to nano solid base from to operate, and the head, as spoken of the other day, the head the stationary perpendicular to the vehicle also is necessary to that firm predictable base of operation for the lower body.
12. In case remembering to be clear on this has not happened yet, so extremely helpful on so many levels is remembering that the purpose of peddling is to gently and firmly and smoothly deliver the full completed cylinder, energy extrusion, energy package, all the way to the end of the hundred and thirty degree shaft as defined by the relaxed full extension of the thigh. Very counter intuitive to the body. Very powerful. Especially when the rotating other leg is gently providing momentum into this full extension of the lower thigh and this second part is not yet automatic but when the mind attends to it it falls into place quite nicely.
13. Particularly on steeper grades the body wants to believe that the target is no longer a hundred thirty degrees but maybe a hundred and twenty or 110 oe… . This is successfully and happily resisted when thought of and all rotation and body position slightly adjusted to resume the hundred and thirty degree or more angle. Quite literally it's thinking to the body, come on guys, all hands on deck, Let's help that thigh to Natural relaxed full extension every rotation.
14. Maybe it is entirely when the crown of the road begin slipping more sharply to the right, but whatever, there are times that the left side wants to behave differently then is desired. Correcting this requires noticing it and adjusting the torso back to being perpendicular with the vehicle and the road not with gravity.
15. In the steep climbs something parallel to what a traditional cyclist might do on a steep climb, pulling and bending forward a bit more to help the thigh find full extension. Pulling forward now on the handlebars slightly and firmly is helping the direction of thrust find full extension at 130 degrees instead of something lesser which the body would be pleased with.
16. there's also this very positive thing that happens occasionally when the notion of, come on buddy, everybody, don't leave it primarily to the downward thigh, everybody let's make a hundred and forty degrees the natural home for the thigh every stroke. It is not automatic, it is not a sure thing, but it always seems like the right thing when it falls into place. Maybe it could become automatic.
17. Exercise has been a positive place of meditation, creativity, inspiration, mystikal Union, for me throughout my adulthood. And it is proving that now.
18. Probably 50% of this journey is being spent on aspects of ransoming soul, reading Armstrong on Paul, listening and pondering the only 20% of New Testament versus that scholarship says the man Jesus actually spoke, and now pondering the notion of transformation also. Transformational soul being what I and everyone that values the universe above themselves, should be pondering and striving to move toward.
In this pondering of transformational soul, and looking within my own 67 years for wear it has been most encountered, answer the comes up the most is my biological father, and then somewhat to my surprise, the soul of creation as seen in nature is what initially strikes me as being the soul that has been most evocative of the soul within me.
Many many people knew my biological dad and he had more than several offspring. With one exception his impact on others does not seem to be the impact he has had on me, the single greatest evoker of my soul, Lymbic system. And so many millions, Emersion in nature really over privileged as I have been, not one in a million has it placed their soul in charge of their head and flesh. Point being, it continues to be of no hope that a transformational soul can transform creation. But there is a hope that it could transform the one or two as my dad and his soul have done. And if that's the best we can do than that's what we should devote our lives too.
20. Interesting, the crown is level in this final mile of the trip. More level than the earlier trip. It has been noted that performance improves in this final stretch. Maybe this is a factor.
21. It cannot be over stated how helpful, organizing, rescuing is the clarity that the purpose of cycling is to inject energy down that hundred and forty degrees shaft. It doesn't solve everything but it helps a whole shitload. And the notion of completely injecting, completing the injection every stroke is giganticly helpful to organizing every other aspect of the body. Helping every other aspect of the body find what it is supposed to do.
22. Much time and effort invested in the vehicle this past week inputting fixing and optimizing the settings of the electronic brain. Doing so has removed some distracting artifacts and has theirby proven to be very helpful, very nice.
23. Hard to believe, but if the thermometer can be trusted, here at 6:58 p.m., almost at the normal location at the base of Mount Whitney, the temperature is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Only 4 nights ago at this location and time it was 28 degrees. Much less stressful. Much less dangerous.
24. As to the comment just made about nature being the soul that next to my dad has been the most evocative of mine I think, this is not to say that paradise is nature, or soul is nature. It's seems to me this is the horrible error made by the greatest Souls and authors in history. Buddhists say the the secondary science is the finger pointing to the moon, and the primary science is the moon itself. Lymbic system being in charge is paradise, but for many that have no credit to themselves achieved lymbic system in charge, so in charge, for many the presence of nature has been evocative of that.
25. 1 mile to go. Almost there, correct? LOL. We are traveling, to the embarrassment of sol, the vehicle, we are traveling at slightly under 1.5 miles per hour so that we go slow enough that James can be doing slightly more than 25% of the work of moving this 900 lb payload up two thousand feet and just under 8 miles.
26. Average rent in this country for those who are the really poor is what, $700 a month or a thousand? At that rate, two months rent were spent on this motor home, on the low end, in terms of batteries that should serve it for a lifetime. Being 5 or 10 or 15 years. A bare necessity? No. But in the context just mentioned maybe a justifiable expense. This vehicle is now So much more solid, at home, comfortable, within its range and means, on this arduous 4hr trip half of which in darkness. And at probably the 95 percent confidence level it has extended the life of the very expensive battery system of factor of 2 or three or four or more. A very satisfying investment that is proving itself wise.
27. Speaking of investments, whether or not to purchase $10 thinsulate insoles for cycling in sub-zero weather is a somewhat agonizing decision for this mission. As is every expenditure. It's possible that these are luxuries. But it's possible they are extremely reasonable long-term investments. Winter was here with a vengeance only several days ago and it may be back. It will be here next year and the following year. It has taken all winter learn to be strong and Able and minimize distraction in this very difficult arriving wet in the dark at night and wind cycling campaign. But the judicious investments that have been made slowly and are judiciously and carefully are all proving themselves. Distractions are greatly reduced. Tremendous lessons have been learn. And creator willing the investments will pay off years into the future. And relative to a month's rent as noted above, the investments being spoken of wood total one half or a month's rent. And incidentally they save a month's rent, all winter long. We live in magnificent nature with no money required for either real estate or dwelling on a monthly basis. Reasonably sustainable and responsible I think.
28. Periodically shifting the buttocks firmly back into the seat is important to overall body effectiveness and leverage.
29. Really really really really satisfying evening. The notes throughout this journey regarding cycling tonight have been quite consistent. And they have proven very sustainable all evening. Most significantly maybe that the purpose of each stroke is to complete the injection of energy to full by relax extension a 140 degrees into the travel.
30. True to form, the metrics on this final 20 minutes were the strongest. Roughly 142 sustained, as high as 190, versus 120 watts for the prior 3 hours. Go figure.
31. As reported Elsewhere on Facebook, within half an hour of arrival the body was extremely ill. The extreme weakness lasted for another 14 hours or so, indicating that it was probably some sort of bug that was picked up. Fortunately the body seems to be recovering.
32. In the middle of a very physically unpleasant night due to this bug, a wonderful Insight occurred regarding transformational soul. This is an initial thought but I suspect it will persist. The transformational soul is one that is near perfectly and continually in charge of the head and flesh. Does it use the cerebral cortex and hypothalamus, head and flesh respectively? To the absolute Max. But the transformational soul, I'm thinking of my dad, and I'm thinking of nature, seemingly never makes the mistake of allowing the head or flesh to take charge.