In the name of God please let us get past this notion that there is Peace without omnipresent VIOLENCE OF A POSTIVE NATURE - MILITANT LOVE / MILITANT FAMILYNESS / MILITANT PEACEMAKING.
How many nuclear bombs would it have taken to gain civil rights for people of color?
Who in "God's Name" would say that Her work is "Paid" work?
- Mother Teresa?
- Francis of Assisi?
- Phil Berrigan?
- Liz McAllister?
- Dorothy Day?
- Peter Maurin?
- Diane Wilson?
- Col. Anne Wright?
- Ellen Thomas?
- Catholic Workers?
These mean something important. My brother Thomas the prophet, on those rare occasions when someone meets his approval, or does not, are they "real" seems to be central to his determination.
- "REALity" for
95% of the world's population.
- Of "REAL" hope
for 95% of our "world-family."
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
re·al1 /ˈriəl, ril/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ree-uhl, reel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1. true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent: the real reason for an act.
2. existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious: a story taken from real life.
3. being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up.
4. being actually such; not merely so-called: a real victory.
5. genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic: a real antique; a real diamond; real silk.
6. unfeigned or sincere: real sympathy; a real friend.
7. Informal. absolute; complete; utter: She's a real brain.
a. existent or pertaining to the existent as opposed to the nonexistent.
b. actual as opposed to possible or potential.
c. independent of experience as opposed to phenomenal or apparent.
9. (of money, income, or the like) measured in purchasing power rather than in nominal value: Inflation has driven income down in real terms, though nominal income appears to be higher.
Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus - Cite This Source
Part of Speech:
absolute, actual, authentic, bodily, bona fide, certain, concrete, corporal, corporeal, de facto, embodied, essential, evident, existent, existing, factual, firm, heartfelt, honest, incarnate, indubitable, intrinsic, irrefutable, it, legitimate, live, material, original, palpable, perceptible, physical, positive, present, right, rightful, sensible, sincere, solid, sound, stable, substantial, substantive, tangible, true, unaffected, undeniable, undoubted, unfeigned, valid, veritable
false, imaginary, imitation, unreal
our brother [or sister] in need
without stripping ourselves.
It is the only [genuine]
way we have
of showing our love."
CUZ IF THEY ARE MINE
THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN
TO ME ALREADY.
YOU LOSE EVERYTHING...
EXCEPT THE GREAT STUFF
- Keep my job
- Keep my wife
- Please my parents
- Stay out of jail
- Stay alive
- Stay safe
- Avoid hunger
- Avoid pain
- Be popular
- Be successful
- Get sex
- Get stuff
- Protect "my children" (if they are not among "the least of these.")
- Protect "my family" (if they are not among "the least of these.")
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE?
- Selfish, self-centered, finite centered, pleasure-seeking Flesh?
- Otherish, other-centered, infinite, humane, loving, joy-filled Humanity / World-Famliness / Militant Good / Love?
You cannot chose to be both or neither.
You will, YOU WILL "BE" one or the other.
Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the gospel 30 who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age: houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and eternal life in the age to come.
- YOU CANNOT LOSE "GOD," GOOD, LOVE, LIFE, TRUTH
- WHATEVER YOU LOSE IS NOT "GOD," GOOD, LOVE, LIFE, TRUTH
- ALL CANCER WILL BE REMOVED: YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT "GOD," GOOD, LOVE, LIFE, TRUTH
Is there any justification before Jesus / Good / God / Churchgoers / Clergy for diverting energy from "the least of these" to Church?
reduced to rubble
NO ONE USES
THE DECAYED REFUSE
THEY ALWAYS START ANEW.
FROM THE RUINS
THEY ARE ACCEPTED
BUT NEVER ARE THEY
THE STARTING POINT.
"But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil." Matthew Chapter 5
It is imperative that the "Peace" movement grasp this; AND THEY DO NOT.
NO attention to go toward
sinful "government," and
AND ALL NEEDED ATTENTION
TO BE FOCUSED ON
OUR SUFFERING / ERRING
SISTERS AND BROTHERS!
to SELF? or to HUMANKIND?
Slavery is an inescapable condition - our nervous system WILL BE FOCUSED in a quasi permanent way. This is inescapable.
Each of us will be either:
- Slave to SELF / SELFISHNESS / DISINTEREST IN OTHER'S WELL BEING / EXPLOITATION / DELUSION;
- Slave to WELL BEING OF HUMANKIND / OTHERISHNESS / LIFE / TRUTH / LOVE / LIFE.
WHICH MASTER DO YOU SERVE?
WHICH MASTER WILL YOU SERVE?
My body is not, NOT happy about the idea. But it is not pulling me away from the idea either. "Dying to the flesh?" Yes, this is what I sensed.
Am I moving in this direction? Certainly.
Do I have any regrets? Yes. I regret that I am learning about this and gaining some capacity for it at 56 years not 8 years old. Oh my God, what a mistake, what an error, what a travesty is our worship of selfishness / disconnection / self-indulgence.... Hell. Pleasure Island. Filthy. Blood soaked.
Will I ever be good at it - at Dying to the Flesh? I pray so. We'll see.
Exactly as I enter this post I then find my self reading pages 66-67 in Phil Berrigan's must read, "Fighting the Lamb's War." Phil writes:
"What might Reverend King say if he could visit our country’s death cages, crowded with African-Americans waiting to die? If he could walk our inner-city streets again and see the legacy of crack cocaine, the. gangs, and hopeless poverty? I imagine him weeping, his tears drowned out by sirens and the sound of automatic gunfire, his message of love and reconciliation smothered by fascist ideologues.
Black mayors. Black Congressmen. Black police chiefs. Black generals. Black rock stars. Black film stars. Black sports stars. Some commentators argue that the glass is half empty, others that it is half full. The analogy hardly matters. We lurch toward the year 2000, dragging our bloody chains, our crimes, behind us. Millions of African-Americans are still living in poverty, captive to the “tricks” of institutional racism, police bmtality, white fear, and capitalist manipulation."
"Malcolm X intended to present his case before the United Nations. He was determined to tell the world that the United States govern ment was systematically violating the human rights of its own black citizens. Would the white community believe him, then or now? When the police fracture a welfare mother’s skull, or kill her son in the hallway of a housing project, the crime hardly makes the news. When the bullet-riddled body of another black teenager is taken to the morgue, the event is of no importance. What we don’t see, we don’t believe. What we don’t know, doesn’t happen. The mirror we looked into in the fifties has become the vicious magic show of the nineties:
- Ending affirmative action means creating meritocracy.
- Cutting people off welfare means giving people hope.
- Putting people to death means respecting life.
- Building atomic submarines, instead of schools, means protecting democracy.
- Destroying our children means saving them."
IS "THE" KEY
TO UNLOCK THE
HEART / CONSCIENCE /
HUMANITY / WORLD-FAMLINESS.