I'm trying to work out having an Elf as the home-base for my now 8 (or so) years of activism for humanity here in DC. I think I've healed enough from the cancer to have the physical strength to make this my full time base of operations. My Soul says I need to amp-up, radicalize, my work... and I think this can be an instrumental piece of the puzzle, of my advocacy, my Lived Solidarity... for Palestine, Earth, the Homeless and Destitute. http://organictransit.com/ IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WISHES TO CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THIS PROJECT SO IT CAN HAPPEN (big or small)... LET ME KNOW.
AND WHAT IF THIS WERE DONE BY MANY, MANY, OF US???? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PALESTINES IF WE DO NOT????? Khader Adnan ends hunger strike after Israel agrees to free him
***** On FB: "James, what (to Stop Palestines Death) do you recommend?" My Reply: "Based on a simple, honest look at the history of change... ...."
***** SPDF Day 52-29: I was thinking today, it is more clear to me than ever that all is lost... Democracy, near all that is good, near all of Creation, Palestine, the American Soul... but everyone, anyone, can be Saved, in this Life... from the degenerating, disintegrating world around them... if they, when they, as they... forget their own life, and devote their every breath to the neediest in the world. This is Heaven, Salvation, and no one can deprive them of it... but themselves. More than ever before it is desperately important that we each strive for this Salvation... that we might increase by whatever miniscule amount... the likelihood that someone else too might find the Path.
***** nd SPDF: Our Devotion to personal (and 'family') survival and pleasure... has finally doomed humankind, and all of creation. We've insanely embraced the way of 'cancer' over the way of Life. Our parents, the Creating generation, birthed the suicidal Consuming generation.
***** SPDF: I am adult-long devoted to human-crucial success, and to obstruct attempts likely to end in disaster.
This characteristic of mine has been true of me throughout my adulthood. It was central to who and what I was in my college and advanced degree educational life. It was centrally true of me during all of my business career. And it has been true of me ever since., I suspect, I am quite sure, it will be true of me until I take my last breath or degenerate into a different being psychologically.
My constitution is such that I am only interested in, I am only able, to participate in things that I think are monumentally important to humanity and to creation, and I am then unable to not devote myself to seeing what would constitute success, what would constitute failure, and to devote myself to the former and to stand in the way of the latter.
I've often thought, over many years now, I've often shared over many years now, of the example of the Space Shuttle Challenger. The space shuttle challenger blew up. It has been quite well documented that the failure was due to a part, an o ring, and my understanding is that quite clearly an engineer, or several engineers, knew of the potential risk before the launch, before the explosion. I don't know the details of that event beyond what I just said, but my life has been centered around somewhat life and death ventures so I know the territory quite well.
I know how desperately a team like that Challenger launch team wanted to meet deadlines, meet goals, have a success. I know the pressures on that engineer, or engineers, that had negative news, had bad news. I don't know of any life and death heroics that that engineer, or those engineers, waged to attempt to stop that tragic flight. They may have done so, but I'll guess they did not.
Either way, I'm not suggesting the problem was primarily theirs. Near certainly the problem was systemic, enterprisewide, the wrong value on success, lack of value on avoiding disaster.
Throughout my adulthood my devotion has been to achieve both mission critical success and to avoid mission disaster, to avoid enabling the masses of people involved that were not devoted to both.
On enterprises I've had some substantial successful impact, and much failure.
But I have never failed to make the attempt regardless of personal cost to me. And I suspect this will always be true of me.
***** "Who wants to put on the posterboards, go out to the street corner, and rant?... There is not a politician on earth wants to tell his or her constituents, "We've probably already blown our chance to avoid substantial suffering, but if we work really hard and devote our lives to the cause, we can somewhat reduce the even worse suffering that awaits our grandchildren."
***** SPDF Day 52-24: Gideon Levy, Ha'aretz: "The two-state solution is dead (it was never born); the Palestinian state will not aris...."
* For maybe 4 days now my body has felt very tired, as always happens after hospital visits for me, and anesthesia (colonoscopy), but other than that, I feel really normal... no obstructions, normal bowel movements for the first time in 3 years.....
* Note, when I broke the fast 20 days ago, that day I realized the farmers market was open, bought and consumed organic sauerkraut to restart the wee beasties in my gut... never paid attention to that... my bowel, when not obstructed, has bee NORMAL EVER SINCE! Greek yogurt, too.
* Sat and Sun I was at the White House to Free Palestine. Not since - too fatigued, weak, and too hot out, for me, yet. Today I have some tasks to execute. I expect to be on Capital $ Hill Thu and Fri; White House, Sat and Sun.
* Also, I'm spending time close to toilet while I learn the new rythms of my newly 'normal' bowel... when I can eat so I don't have to rush to toilet while I'm on post at White House... or Capital $ Hill.
* I am spending my time online in deep study of a range of issues - Israel's mutilation of Palestinians, TPP, chr'stian zionism, the Republican brain, Gross National Happiness (GNH) and related subjects, Happiness Psychology, Judaism (healthy and malignant cultism / zionism), etc....
* I expect this may be my last, or one of my last SPDF posts. I've always found that the end of the fast, trying to take food on a body that has forgotten, and in whom the wee beasties in the gut have died... is the most dangerous. This one was soooooooo dangerous that the docs kept me in hospital on watch for emergency surgery about 8 days due to 5 bowel obstruction events including a complete obstruction where the NG tube released a gargantuan 2 liters of stuff within 120 seconds. Hence the 52 days minus 20 days... a 72 day Offering, Ransom to Reedeem Palestine. Yes, to no avail.
* I now have the expectation of future bowel obstructions... due to the scar tissue from my cancer and other abdominal operations... and the damage done by each of the last 5 obstructions these last 20 days. The docs could operate but they are way loath to because, well, it would just create more scarring (the cause of the obstructions), and could damage the intestines... which is way dangerous. So, I just wait for the next one, and eat cautiously in the meantime.
* Within the next week I expect to finalize the Stop Palestines Death Fast Book.
* I have a thought I'm extremely passionate about for a way to amp up my four activist areas - Stop Palestines Death, Stop Ecocide, Creation Economy (near zero consumption, near total 'free' contribution living), and Humanity for we Homeless... all with one, relatively expensive (up front, zero over the years) tactic. It may push the boundaries of high-security DC tho my intent is nothing of the sort, and the limits of any financing I can secure... but I am exploring every option.... including something that would put my health insurance at risk, but for these causes, none of us can afford to be conservative... if there is anyone now, or in the future, on earth, that we Love. If I can work out the details I'll be providing the opportunity for folks to chip in to make it happen.
They finally released me about 5 p_m. The doctors are not hopeful that we have seen the last of this. Although they now think that these situations were exacerbated by my 52 day hunger strike, they do not consider that a major factor. With the abdominal surgery I've had, the liver section, the colectomy, the appendectomy, the hernia operation.... There is a lot of scar tissue inside. And each episode, of obstruction, and I've had 6 or 7 in the last 4 months, increases the odds of the next 1 occurring. Could occur tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month.....
Feeling quite symptom free so far tonight. My spirits are very good. I think I am adjusting to a different, new normal for my health. Time to get back to work.
I hope and expect to hit the white house early early tomorrow morning and Sunday morning, staying until late evening. On capitol hill Monday through Thursday early until late I hope. Working to ease the life of it least 1 person in Palestine if I can.
SPDF: When the police start acting like a gang A journalist learns that if you photograph Border Policemen committing a felony, you’ll probably end up paying for it.
12 p.m. update: The surgical team just came in and evaluated me. The head surgeon wants me to go back on regular diet immediately. IV removed. It is not that they are doubting any of my symptoms. it is simply their judgment that we should give it more time and see if my system can learn to cope with the incoming food. I should receive lunch momentarily. I'll have dinner. a meal tomorrow morning. If all of that goes well then they will discharge me tomorrow and we will see what happens. If and when there is the onset of another event then they have decided to administer a test that in time lapse watches the food go through my intestines so that they can better spot what is going on, where, more exactly.