You ARE what you consume. Cut the cr*p. Devour the good.
You must fight evil not because you might win, but because evil must be fought. And you must fight to win. FB May 2017
I fight for good because any amount of it is the most beautiful, valuable, important, life-giving thing on earth. FB May 2017
***** My greatest lifelong failing maybe doing good, investing in good. 63 years of experience......n
***** My greatest lifelong failing maybe doing good, investing in good. 63 years of experience now tells me this was exactly the wrong thing for me to do, for anyone to do, for any of us to have done or to do now. It is absolutely too little, too late. Somehow, good is different than lived solidarity with the global neediest in creation. Someday maybe I will understand why this is so but it is unmistakable to my eyes that it is so. This notion has been with me for a number of weeks now and with this clarity I quite easily discern the difference and can act accordingly. My number one goal is to invest my life and any resources that I have in those living such solidarity with global neediest. I see almost none. I see none with sufficient clarity to do so. Why? I have only had these new eyes for weeks now. But for years I have been looking in the correct direction and even with these new eyes there is no one that I can see doing it, living in full solidarity, every breath. Well, of course I may see some but I can't recognize it with the little information that I have. Nevertheless, this is the work and this is the work that I am quite sure I will try and do. I do see that, no credit to me, my life, my DNA, has brought me to the point where all I want to do, and all that I do do, is live in such solidarity so I am at peace with investing what little resources I have in my low resource requirements work and saving any additional resources for such time as I see the opportunity I most want, the ability to invest in those living in such solidarity.
Indigenous Americans rising to block tar sands in Idaho. See link.
David Whittall shared a link.
***** Tolstoy: "To love is to show goodness." Wise Thoughts for Every Day (see Tabs)
Tolstoy: "A person can live a good life only when he or she understands him- or herself as a spiritual being, a being united with all."
or she understands him- or herself as a spiritual
being, a being united with all.
nd 'The Work: Bringing out the Good. Personally. One on one. Societally.' Lovng
Good Companies Like Clif Bar: How They Do It Triple Pundit
'Each second, what you are, what you do tends to beget the same in others. Be the change....' SL (no detail)
Angels: Police buy cemetery plots to block Josh Powell from being buried next to his boys msnbc.com
Bonhoeffer: 'To live a responsible life before God is the only real cure for [insanity].'
DC police officers go shopping with kids to help those in need, strengthen ... Washington Post
An Emai from SL to Occupy DC
Pretty much by definition, to achieve what you want you must bring a fundamental change to the status quo, right? And to do that, YOU must be a fundamental change to the status quo, right?
What is the fundamental problem with our status quo in America that is the cause of most or all of the ills you wish to cure? You aren't going to like this, but here it is. The fundamental disease is - looking upward. Here's what I mean. You've defined yourselves as the 99%, right? Thereby, you've suggested that the problem is the 1%. And what is the problem with the 1%? They act like they are the only ones that really matter. Right? And this is true of them. I know, I was one of them for decades. It isn't that they want to hurt the 99%. It is that the 99% isn't in their field of view, don't matter, don't exist. But the .01% above them, well, they sure do exist, and all they can see is that it is right and just for them to close that gap!
You are NOT the 99%. You are the 5%. The rest of the world is the 95%. And you, YOU, are doing to the 95% exactly what the 1% is doing to you - living as though you are the only ones that matter. You are the 5%, as I am, that consume 25-50% of the world's resources. YOU are to the 95% EXACTLY what you think the 1% are to you.
My point isn't to chastise, or criticize, but to diagnose. It is said that the last ones to discover water, are the fish. I'm one of those fish, trying to discover water, and slowly, I'm finding some success.
You can, and must, NOW, change the otherwise suicidal course of America, but you'll only do it by becoming the change you wish to see.
You need to do the opposite of the 1%, which is to look upward, at who has more. You need to focus your very being downward, and laterally, at who needs more, including, ESPECIALLY, those that need more than you - and that's about 95% of the world right now.
I need you to succeed.