***** The primary fight is between the rule of law, democratic process... And the rule of force, war, guns, military power, financial power. In fact: Most importantly, most fundamentally... the right wingers (irrespective of religion, nationality, race...) have selected opposition to the process of democracy and rule by law. Presumably they feel more certain of defeat with the rule of law and democratic process than the with rule of force. Think is real. Think gun zealots. Think religious fundamentalists. Think capitalists.... and the Liberals: think academic prowess, ability to outscore others on tests, superior ability to win employment....
***** The primary fight is between the rule of law, democratic process... And the rule of force, war, guns, military power, financial power. In fact.....
***** “When you’re dealing with orthodox Christianity and Protestant liberalism, we are not dealing with two variants of the same religion,” Mohler said. “As Machen correctly said, judged by orthodox Christianity, we’re actually looking in this case at two rival religions, and these headlines, not to mention the stories behind them, make that point all too evident.” ...........Indeed. At least one, by definition, is Satanianity, Truly.
article. “Macho posturing, it turns out, makes for bad economies”: Paul Krugman slams Vladimir Putin. [For the criminally dangerous idiots that think Putin LEADS and Pr. Obama does not. Get your heads out of your axxes.]
Montague Francis Ashley-Montagu (June 28, 1905 – November 26, 1999) was a British-American anthropologist and humanist, who popularized topics such as race and gender and their relation to politics and development. He was the rapporteur (appointed investigator), in 1950, for the UNESCO statement The Race Question. As a young man he changed his name to "Montague Francis Ashley-Montagu". After relocating to the United States he used the name "Ashley Montagu". Montagu, who became a naturalized American citizen in 1940, taught and lectured at Harvard, Princeton University, Rutgers University, the University of California, and New York University. He authored over sixty books throughout this lifetime. In 1995, the American Humanist Association named him the Humanist of the Year.
Elephant Man  We are Loving Spirit,, Soul NOT Flesh
Darwin - Competition and Cooperation [Ebook] Ashley Montagu
On Being Human - Ashley Montagu
Learning Non-Aggression - Ashly Montagu
Growing Young - Ashly Montagu
The Dehumanization of Man Ashly Montagu
The Biosocial Nature of Man - Ashley Montagu
Man and Aggression - Ashley Montagu
***** YOU BETTER WATCH THIS: Ed Asner: video, on the state of America, and, what are you going to do about it, now?
Bryce Kuchik shared a link.
Gandhi: "you can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroyed this body, but you'll never in prison my mind." (link)
Lora Lucero likes a photo.
Albert Schweitzer: " when man learns to respect even the smallest being of creation, either animal or vegetable, nobody has to teach him to love his fellow man." (see pic)
Rhonda Teasdale shared Graham Kean - Life Mastery's photo.
"Zealots for Authoritarianism or Lovers of Authoritativeness / Democracy; possibly the Major DIVISION between Humans; trumping Religion, Economics, Education, Nationality, etc, etc...." SL
possibly the Major DIVISION between Humans;
trumping Religion, Economics, Education, Nationality, etc, etc...." SL
here for me,' to the Eleanor Rooseveltian 'I am here for Thee;'
from Fascist-GOP Authoritarian to Lincoln-Obama Authoritative.
From Pleasure to Joy. From Lusting to Loving. From Head and
Flesh to Heart. "Blest are the Peace Makers." Truly,...
Tyrant. Ant; Democrat, [Authoritative]. Syn; Authoritarian, bully, inquisitor, oppressor, dictator, autocrat, despot....
Syn; Bully, dictator, inquisitor, oppressor, Hitler, Stalin,
absolute ruler, absolutist, authoritarian, autocrat, despot,
martinet, slave driver.
THIS SERIES IS AUTHORITATIVE, HORRIFYING, ACTIONABLE.
YOU MUST WATCH THIS.
Palestine Israel Peace Process (7) US Arab Relations Council
Obama's Authoritativeness is a MORTAL THREAT to GOP's Authoritarianness.
This is THE QUINTESSENTIAL fundamental clash of world-views / ways of being." SL
"WOW. The "Church" - PRECISELY "THE" Anti-Christ - Authoritarianism CRUCIFYING Authoritative, Daily." SL
How can you SUBORDINATE God / Christ? You can only Kill God / Christ OR Worship / Submit to God / Christ -
ABOVE ALL ELSE - SUPERordinate TO ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL.... ELSE.
"I will admit just one tyrant in my life; the still, small voice within." Gandhi.
"WOW. STUNNING Revelation for me as I awoke this morning:
The "Church" - PRECISELY THE Anti-Christ -
Authoritarianism CRUCIFYING Authoritativeness,
Authoritarian vs Authoritative - TWO FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT WAYS OF BEING.
I'd forgotten the concepts for decade(s). WOW!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNDAMENTAL TO MY PRIMAL HORROR AT THE "CHURCH."
"Church's" VERY EXISTENCE IS THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST.
"Church's" VERY PURPOSE IS THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST / GOD (the Divine Spirit within,
Humanity, Universal Love, Compassion, Intuition, Vision, Revelation, Brotherhood, Wisdom, Initiative,
Constructive Creativity, CONSCIENCE, TRUTHFULNESS...),
that is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER... to be subordinated to ANYTHING; THAT IS, THAT IS,
THAT IS, THAT IS... CRUCIFIED BY BEING EVER SUBORDINATED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE!!!!!! To....
Yet the very Purpose of the Church, evident in it's behavior is EXACTLY to
subordinate the Individual to these things. Oh My God. Oh My God. Oh My God.
How can you SUBORDINATE God? You can only Kill God OR Worship / Submit to God -
ABOVE ALL ELSE - SUPERordinate TO ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL.... ELSE.
"I will admit just one tyrant in my life; the still, small voice within." Gandhi. Me too.
Thank you Father.
"War Making = Demanding Respect vs Peace Making = Earning Respect.
Violence vs Non-Violence;
Non-Love vs Love respectively;
Authoritarian vs Authoritative."
* The last month, sans laptop, has been tough, in large part due to the devastating systems-shock of being sans-laptop at precisely a time when I needed to be away from a desktop computer due to the daily commitment at Peace Park I've assumed ( prop1.org ). For me this is like having my hands amputated, or being placed in solitary confinement precisely at the time my loved ones needed my full presence and attention. It has also been a devastating, healthy shock to face the truth of how little my work is valued by others, that there was virtually no concern that my work was devastated by the absence of a laptop. But, without exception in my life the following is True: "If it does not kill you, you grow." I regret nothing in my life that at the time I experienced as a mortal body-blow. Without these devastating blows, the things that within myself I find hopeful for the world, would not exist.
* Late last week, an Angel has ordered a laptop for my use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though this has not yet arrived - next week, this has been an enormous shot in the arm for me; like receiving a transfusion - not just the fact of a laptop to be available, but the fact of the kindness, thoughtfulness, caring, support, comradeship... that the offer and execution represents. Like lying in your hospital bed and learning that a surgical team is going to attempt to re-attach your hands, in time for you to return to work on saving your family. Did you ever see the movie "The English Patient?" It is not unlike that movie for me without a laptop.
* For the foreseeable future my #1 priority will be supporting and sustaining the 28 Year Anti-Nuclear Peace Vigil at the White House. If there is such a thing as the Divine, the Sacred (and at least in psychological terms there is, with absolute certainty) this Vigil, and the commitment is embodies on the part of Thomas, Connie, Ellen, Troy and others - is Divine, Sacred. God clearly is calling me to do my part to make certain it endures. With Thomas up fighting for us on a new terrain, it falls to me to join Connie, Troy, Ellen and others to directly and indirectly sustain this unique, Life giving, Hope giving Monument to Peace Building of such importance to millions around the world who are educated, inspired and engaged by its existence.
* I yearn to be back on Capitol Hill at this crucial time. Whether Congress backs the Budget put forth by Pres. Obama, will entirely determine the future of Humanity / America / Planet Earth. The next 30-60 days are entirely crucial - what Congress signs or shirks is monumentally crucial. But I cannot be two places at once - The Hill and White House Vigil.
* Tragically, very few folks have yet subscribed to the new blogs I maintain: http://HomeearthSecurity.blogspot.com and http://AmericasBleedingWars.blogspot.com . Any success in life I've had has been based on a rare ability to cull through mountains of information and "see" the really strategic, crucial information. For my personal role - my Peace Work - I need to do this now. These sites are my personal repository. And I'M FINDING THAT THEY ARE UNIQUELY VALUABLE REPOSITORIES. I cull through the results of about 40 google spiders I've activated every day and post just the deeply strategic articles that are available. I barely have time to study these articles due to my laptop-less time at the White House. But in the moments I can steal to study these sites - THEY ARE A GOLD MINE. And this weekend I've started a 3rd: http://BarackObamaBeyondOMG.blogspot.com .
* Among the few things I deeply, authoritatively understand is Strategic, High Stakes Leadership. I've studied and practiced this my entire adult life. Every day my head spins at the brilliant Leadership Pres. Obama demonstrates. "Greatest leader in the history of the world," I tell people every day. He is. God damn us if we remain on the sidelines while he fights with his life for ours. I refuse to.
* Here at the Peace House Ellen and I, with the vaccuum presented by Thomas' moving on, have undertaken to strengthen the sense of mission, purpose, and meaning among we here. We now have a brief House Book that articulates what we stand for, who belongs here, what behavior DOES NOT BELONG HERE. This is an enormous step forward in terms of building on what already has been done, and as Ellen says, necessarily moving even beyond "the high standards that Thomas set."
* Spring is the highest impact time to be at the White House Vigil - it is then that the middle and high school trips flow through. The Vigil is an enormously powerful pulpit. You can imagine. Yes, probably 80% of the groups are carefully steered entirely away from the vigil by their Censors (teachers). But another 20% escape this fate - some carefully steered exactly TO the vigil by their teachers. It is an extraordinary and sacred opportunity to be able to have 3-15 minutes to deliver into these open, pliable, receptive souls. Sacred. 15 years ago I'd have had little to offer. 35 years I'd have had much to offer, and finally, today I have much to offer again - Humanity, the Truth of Humanity. Is it making a difference? None of us can ESCAPE making a difference; direction and degree are the only variables for any of us and any and every moment of our lives. For Start Loving, in this day, at this time, this is an enormous, a Sacred Channel for what I have to offer, to deliver. In the minutes I have with each group I deliver along the following lines: we work here, for 28 years now, to get nuclear weapons off of your planet; we also work here to confront the other threats to you, my brothers and sisters - the brutalization of Palestine, the theft of oil from the Middle East; AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - the 400 BILLION TON METEOR HURTLING TOWARD EARTH - THE CO2 WE'VE PUT UP THERE, that will destroy civilization if we don't stop it; that it is always the youth that have led humanity out of the darkness, that they can succeed, and that if they do not succeed Hell will reign on their planet; that what we at the vigil do is a different kind of soldiering - the only kind that ever has or ever will advance the Human agenda items like - women having the right to vote, ending child labor, ending slavery, ending the Vietnam war.... Clearly some of those in each "audience" are profoundly touched by our brief interchanges. Worth my life? Duh. Oh, yes, sometimes our conversation goes to Jesus, prompted by the Crosses on my head, and I share, and frequently they eagerly identify with: the Man Jesus is who I care about, my #1 hero, Gandhi's too, our Einstein of how to be actualized Humans, how to escape Hell-on-earth. So often, they "get it." This is pretty Sacred. This is profoundly Sacred.
* When there are not receptive "audineces" at the Vigil, via radio (NPR news, CSPAN) and MP3 (Thomas') I study DemocracyNow, books on Climate Change, Anti-Nuclear and key articles I haven't time to read otherwise. There is not a second to waste.
* My sift at the signs is 5:15-10:15pm. All waking seconds that I am not there I am on a desktop computer at the Peace House (thinks to Ellen and our House benefactor) researching Global Warming, US War Making or republishing segments of DemocracyNow! pertaining to either of these subjects. Additionally, on the rare occasion when there is an important citizen action in DC (Power Shift for example) I video that with equipment Ellen has provided me) and get that up on YouTube for the purpose of encouraging the participants and educating others as to what is possible.
* My other pulpit of some considerable power is http://youtube.com/StartLoving1 where I now have over 330 "Subscribers" and where I publish a dozen or so new videos every day; and where there is some level of daily dialog with folks from around the world regarding what is posted there.
Hmmmm. Well, I've forgotten some things, but this will have to do for now.
Hunger Strike Continues 7/24 on Capitol Hill Day #16 Demanding $200B Budget Shift from Pentagon to Plan B 3.0 Awaits Notification from Dennis Kucinich
NW corner of Cannon House Office Building, Washington, DC, January 1, 2009. In order to understand this action, "Imagine that you've seen a meteor just days from striking earth and congress is doing nothing but talk. What do you do," asks Start Loving, when asked to explain this campaign.
"Plan B 3.0, by Earth Policy Institute's Lester Brown, authoritatively, unmistakably shows us the national and global security 'meteor.' -- the soon to be irreversible destruction of life support on planet earth -- 'civilization collapse,' as manifest in the sharp rise in failing states around the world," Loving continues. "Driven by global warming, population explosion, and millions moving toward western style consumption, and with tipping point just months away, the Marshall Plan funding Brown calls for occurs now, January 2009, or it is too late for U.S. National security."
Loving adds, "Despite this impending catastrophe, Barney Frank (Democrat MA) is the lone voice in Congress calling for action, in October demanding a 25% shift in budget from the Pentagon. I will not remain silent in the face of this obvious threat. I expect to remain on Capitol Hill, NW corner of the Cannon House Office building 24/7 consuming only water, vitamins, and electrolytes until Dennis Kucinich, the congressman I most trust, comes out to tell me that the funding shift is a certainty."
Most of his adult life a turn-around expert in the computer industry, Loving came to DC over 3 years ago to fight the genocide in Darfur (Wash. Post, A Hunger For Justice - washingtonpost.com), conducting a 46 day hunger strike, 7/24 occupation outside the Sudan Embassy. He moved to direct confrontation of U.S. self destructive acts of Empire last October with a 7/24 occupation on Capitol Hill against the bombing of Iran (<http://startlovingusforcesiraniraq.blogspot.com/>http://StartLovingUSForcesIranIraq.blogspot.com) .
Most recently Loving has been supporting the 27+ year Peace Vigil in Lafayette Park (<http://prop1.org/>http://prop1.org) in for the furtherance of Proposition One (HRxxxx) as proposed by Eleanor Holmes Norton each year since 1993. First passed in DC in DC election 1991 (prop1.org for details).
Note: Plan B 3.0, Lester Brown is online, free at http://www.earth-policy.org/Books/PB3/index.htm
Additional Detail at Mr. Loving's YouTube site: <http://youtube.com/StartLoving1>http://youtube.com/StartLoving1 and <http://jesusgodgoodetcnjay.blogspot.com/>http://jesusgodgoodetcnjay.blogspot.com .
Addional press contact: Ellen Thomas, 202-682-4282 Proposition One <http://prop1.org/>http://prop1.org
Start Loving email: Start_Loving@yahoo.com
All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
All surrounding interests, such as the peace and safety of my family, my property, and myself were based on the law that was rejected by Christ – on the law of a ‘tooth for a tooth.’All violence consists in some people forcing others, under threat of suffering or death, to do what they do not want to do.
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
All His first disciples obeyed the same law of the non-resistance of evil [to not return evil for evil], and passed their lives in disability and persecution.
And all people live, Not by reason of any care they have for themselves, But by the love for them that is in other people.
And I understood from where my error arose. It arose from my professing Christ in words and denying Him in deed.And Levin, a happy father and a man in perfect health, was several times so near suicide that he hid the cord, lest he be tempted to hang himself, and was afraid to go out with his gun, for fear of shooting himself. But Levin did not shoot himself, and did not hang himself; he went on living.
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Art is a human activity having for its purpose the transmission to others of the highest and best feelings to which men have risen.
Boredom: the desire for desires.
But the peasants - how do the peasants die?
Christ does not require us to turn the other cheek, and to give away our cloak, in order to make us suffer; but He teaches us not to resist evil [to not return evil for evil], and warns us that doing so may involve personal suffering. Does a father, on seeing his son set out on a long journey, tell him to pass sleepless nights, to eat little, to get wet through, or to freeze? Will he not rather say to him, ‘Go, and if on the road you are cold or hungry, do not be discouraged but go on’?
‘Do not resist evil’ means never to resist evil, i.e., never offer violence to anyone. If a man reviles you, do not revile him in return; suffer, but do no violence.
Ecclesiastical teachers told me that the doctrine of Christ was divine, but that its observance was impossible on account of the weakness of human nature.
Even in the valley of the shadow of death, two and two do not make six.
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Faith is the sense of life, that sense by virtue of which man does not destroy himself, but continues to live on. It is the force whereby we live.
Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us.
He never chooses an opinion; he just wears whatever happens to be in style.
Historians are like deaf people who go on answering questions that no one has asked them.
Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.
I did not carry out that teaching in deed [to not return evil for evil], for I admitted and respected the unchristian institutions that surrounded me.
I did not see that it was impossible to admit the Godhead of Christ – the basis of whose teaching is non-resistance of evil – and, at the same time, to work consciously and calmly for the institutions of property, courts of law, kingdoms, the army, and so on.
I imbibed such a notion of the practical impossibility of following the divine doctrine gradually and almost imperceptibly. I was so accustomed to it, it coincided so well with all my animal feelings, that I had never observed the contradiction in which I lived.
I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.
I was taught from my childhood that Christ is God and that His teaching is divine and authoritative; while, on the other hand, I was also told to respect those institutions that, by means of violence, secured my safety from evil; I was taught to honor those institutions as being sacred. I was taught to resist evil; and it was instilled into me that it was humiliating and dishonorable to submit to evil and to suffer from it; and that it was praiseworthy to resist evil. I was taught to condemn and to execute. I was taught to make war, i.e., to resist evil by murder. The army, a member of which I was, was called a ‘Christ-loving’ army, and the Church consecrated its mission. I was taught to resist an offender by violence and to avenge a private insult, or one against my native land, by violence. All this was never regarded as wrong, but, on the contrary, I was told that it was perfectly right and in no way contrary to Christ’s doctrine.
If a man were to set all the faculties of his mind to the annulling of a given law, what more forcible argument could he use for its suppression than that it was an impracticable law, and that the legislator’s own opinion of it was that it could not be kept without supernatural aid? And yet, this was exactly what I had thought about the commandment ‘not to resist evil.’ I tried to remember when and how the strange idea had first come into my mind, that the doctrine of Christ was divine in authority but impossible in practice. On reviewing my past life, I discovered that this idea had never been transmitted to me in all its nakedness, for then it would have repelled me; but that I had imperceptibly imbibed it from my earliest childhood, and that the associations of my life had confirmed some strange error.
If so many men, so many minds, certainly so many hearts, so many kinds of love.
If there existed no external means for dimming their consciences, one-half of the men would at once shoot themselves, because to live contrary to one's reason is a most intolerable state, and all men of our time are in such a state.
If you want to be happy, be.
If you deal carelessly with bees you will injure them,and will yourself be injured. And so with men. It cannot be otherwise, because natural love is the fundamental law of human life.
In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people, to whom war is always pernicious even when successful.
In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
It did not then occur to me, as it does now, that it would be much simpler to regulate our lives according to the doctrine of Christ; and then, if courts of law, executions, and war were found to be indispensably necessary for our welfare, we might pray to have them too.It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.
It was only after losing all faith in the explanations of learned theology and criticism, and after laying them all aside in obedience to the words of Christ (Mark 10:15), that I began to understand what had until then seemed incomprehensible to me. It was not by deep thought, or by skillfully comparing or commenting on the texts of the gospel, that I came to understand the doctrine. On the contrary, all grew clear to me for the very reason that I had ceased to rest on mere interpretations.
Judgment sins by punishing for crime, and all judgment is annihilated by the law of God – mercy.Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.
Love is invincible.
Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.
Love is the unity of souls
Man lives consciously for himself, but is an unconscious instrument in the attainment of the historic, universal, aims of humanity.
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
My faith in these ‘toga,’ in these empty idols, hid the truth from my eyes. In my way to Him these ‘toga,’ which I did not have the strength to renounce, stood before me, obscuring His light.Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal.
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and Nature shall not be broken.
Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself.
The changes in our life must come from the impossibility to live otherwise than according to the demands of our conscience not from our mental resolution to try a new form of life.
The chief difference between words and deeds is that words are always intended for men for their approbation, but deeds can be done only for God.
The greater the state, the more wrong and cruel its patriotism, and the greater is the sum of suffering upon which its power is founded.
The vocation of every man and woman is to serve other people.
The law condemns and punishes only actions within certain definite and narrow limits; it thereby justifies, in a way, all similar actions that lie outside those limits.
The law of God - mercy.
The only significance of life consists in helping to establish the kingdom of God; and this can be done only by means of the acknowledgment and profession of the truth by each one of us.
The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
The vocation of every man and woman is to serve other people.
There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.
To say that a work of art is good, but incomprehensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but that most people can't eat it.
True life is lived when tiny changes occur.
Truth is communicated to men only by deeds of truth.
Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.
War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
War on the other hand is such a terrible thing, that no man, especially a Christian man, has the right to assume the responsibility of starting it.
We lost because we told ourselves we lost.
We must not only cease our present desire for the growth of the state, but we must desire its decrease, its weakening.
We were taught that it was possible to be a Christian without fulfilling His law not to resist evil.What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness.
What an immense mass of evil must result... from allowing men to assume the right of anticipating what may happen.
Why should Christ have given to us such clear and good precepts, applicable to us all, if He knew beforehand that the keeping of them was impossible by man in his own unaided strength?Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible.