I've always disliked names and titles - they separate us from appreciating the essence of people. This is a pretty indesputable, psychological truth.
I wish we it were socially acceptable to, in place of using someone's name, to just express / say: "I Love you." That is what I would do. I use words like "Dear" every time I can get away with it, instead; or "Honney," "Friend," "Brother," "Sister..." Or I'll use their name with all the respect and love it allows me to pack into the word.
Please do the same with me, whatever.
1 John Ch 2.
The point here is that the "Soul," "Mind," "Flesh," and other phenomenon of our nervous system has a shape in some sense that is more importantly "concrete" than most other "facts" we consider concrete.
Proof of this nature of our nervous system includes a type of reaction we all have experienced:"Aha!" "Recognition response." The same works of art, of any derivation (western, eastern, Indian...) if considered great by one population will be considered great by every population (extensive studies). In fact this is what makes art great: IT HAS FOUND THE "SHAPE" of mind common to all Humanity.
The fundamental key to "Peace" lies in finding the key of the sufficiently precise shape of the "DNA" shaped "Key hole" that will universally unlock our "Heroic Humanity / Peacemaking" on a massive scale. We've seen instances that this can happen on a massive scale: Gandhi, King, Jesus, Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi....
But the key to "Peace," actually, the key to PERPETUAL WAR OF MASSIVE HUMANITY has not yet been found - just the key to sporadic outbursts. But the key must be found, and found now.
Peace Artists - emerge and try. Be willing to fail. Be unwilling to not try.
I've been struggling, if only for myself to arrive at what this would be. I find the following close enough that it is adequate, and no longer a major issue:
FOR EVERYONE'S HUMANITY
- All Out War... We use dangerous things that can be used for extremely InHuman pursuits: Fire, Guns, Cars, Planes, Internet, Knives. No, we do not eliminate them nor should we. We exercise responsibility. There is no word besides "war" in the English language that captures so adequately the total, courageous, self-sacrificial, single-minded, mission focused mobilization of energy that is our only hope. "They were at war against the cancer." "Her cells were at war with the infection." Etc. Please, let's immediately stop this madness of such self-defeating rules for the language we employ in the quest for the symptom of "Peace." STOP DISARMING YOURSELVES, or your children's murdered Humanity and planet is on your hands.
- ...for Everyone's Humanity.
Oh, you want language that can never be misconstrued or misused by anyone... at any cost? Something that by its inadequacy will guarantee unopposed reign of Empire forever? "Peace?" Some language that is perfectly "safe," for you? Have a nice doomsday.
Think about it. Please.
In the mid 80's as a Jr. Exec. I was given zero authority and life crushing responsibility to fix a disaster at a multimillion dollar computer account doing an enormously leading edge and complex international enterprise system installation. I had a month, starting from scratch, to prevent legal cancellation of contracts by means of turning around completely our real and perceived performance in software, hardware, corporate interaction, feature content involving millions of lines of programming....
I was not told before saying "yes" of any of this. It was sheer career terror as I began to see. Hundreds of people, dozens of sites around the world, dozens of managment teams.... I tend to the anylitical, like Carter and Eisenhauer, and there was absolutely no way that ANYONE was going to analyze / calculate through the solution to this problem - infinitely too complex for any brain.
Mel Dixon, an older southern project manager on the site, in many regards my senior in many ways of competence said, "Your only chance is 'the art of the possible.' " This was magic. I see now that what it did was trasport me from the domain and rule of the "mind" to the domain and rule of the Heart / Wisdom / Intuition / Courage / Inspiration - the Almighty Power - Jehovah BY WHATEVER NAME. Yes, you will have to use your imagination much to see this because of the limits of my articulation here. It is worth the price.
Until today I've never grasped the essence of what his phrase meant. What is this "Art" part?
Art of the constructive (almost never practiced) kind is an indespensible step in any individual's search for:
- Solutions to complex problems
- Truth regarding complex situations
Yes, I totally believe, of course there is an optimal, or numerous optimal solutions to any problem.
"Art" in this crucial sense is "conception" made manifest.
- TO ENABLE "TRUER" CREATION NEXT TRY (THIS AFTERNOON FOR EXAMPLE).
- TO AWAKEN THE HUMANITY OF HUMANKIND, OUR ONLY JOB, OUR ONLY HOPE; IN TIME.
The greatest possible
work of art is one's life.
Long admiring this idea of Gandhi's I was disturbed at the thought of the narcism / wasted energy detracting from this otherwise brilliant idea. I misunderstood.
Gandhi's total interest
would have been
in the ability of Art to
change / infect / inflame /
save the world.
"Be the change you wish to see."
- YOUR ANGINA: Imagine you have acute angina pain week after week after week, but not from 10-11am Sundays? Is this a problem you would seek help with? Yes.
- YOUR INHUMANITY: Yet our Humanity (heart, compassion, conscience, kindness, sisterliness...) is all but dead except for the occasional Sunday morning and we consider that to be healthy. We suffer from InHumanity (less than fully functioning Humanity) almost every waking hour, and consider it not a problem.
- YOUR ANGINA WILL NOT KILL YOUR FELLOW HUMANS.
- YOUR ANGINA WILL NOT KILL YOUR CHILDREN'S HEART.
- YOUR INHUMANITY IS KILLING ("STARVING") FELLOW HUMANS.
- YOUR INHUMANITY IS KILLING ("STARVING") YOUR CHILDREN OF THE MODEL OF HUMANITY THEY NEED FROM YOU.
- YOUR INHUMANITY IS KILLING YOU.
YOUR ANGINA IS NOT A PROBLEM.
YOUR INHUMANITY IS A PROBLEM.
YOU DISCOURAGE OTHERS FROM PAYING IF:
- YOU DON'T PAY IT YOURSELF.
- YOU TRY TO BUY IT ON THE CHEAP.
- A. PLANETARY HELL;
- B. PAYING THE PRICE TODAY TO AVOID IT.
IGNITE THE FIRE OF HUMANITY
click the match.IGNITE THE FIRE OF HUMANITY
!!click the match above!!
You see it in "Dances With Wolves" in the opening sequence - the battle that is a genocidal stalemate until....
The armies are across the field from one another...
Agonizing, slow, mutual slaughter...
One person faces the madness, they are dead already...
Quietly, alone one rides out -WHAT MILLIONS MIGHT DO, ONE MAN MUST DO
As in EVERY CRUCIAL STRUGGLE, the odds are impossible...
But HOPE and POSSIBILITY, HUMANITY are in the ATTEMPT....
The Infection of "Possibility" Spreads...
And Salvation is at hand.
RESOLVE, COMMITMENT, FORMIDABILITY, DETERMINATION, PATRIOTISM, HOPE...
LOOK LIKE THIS...